A COUNTRY CALLED NIGERIA


My dear Nigeria what have thy become. I am Presently in LAGOS State but don't know when lagos would deny me. Rivers State is Boiling, ASUU is Striking, Governors fuming, Nigerians Toiling, Boko Haram bombing, PHCN holding the power, Evil booming, Poverty roaming and the masses moaning. Our senators wants my 6year old niece to get married as soon as possible, Militants earn N75,000 per month, yet Graduates earn N19,800 'gladly', PHD holders driving Dangotes
Truck and Perishing in our deplorable highways. I can barely travel to the NORTH because am a CHRISTIAN. Yet the WEST (LAGOS to be Precise) can send me back to the east at any time. My leaders have looted the future of generations unborn; and hoad obscene amount of money they cannot spend in several lifetimes. I have no security in my country, yet we send troops to keep the peace in another man's land. I have hundreds of dams, but no water. So
I drink 'pure' water that causes more harm than good. A country where numerous check point around the country are just a means for the Policemen to exhort the masses. Where the voices of the youths have been silenced; How then can they become the leaders of tomorrow. Why cant we simply reflect and ponder ? Does my complexion(dark) cloud my judgement ? Does my location(Nigeria) limit the lengths of my thoughts ? Is being Black (dark) a curse or a blessing ?

Written by: IKYE CHIDI (unnzuo Admin)
@freshiyke

Comments

Anonymous said…
Nicez one Fresh ...... More kudos to ur Elbow

Popular posts from this blog

DOWNLOAD AND WATCH ZUO REPUBLIC COMEDY SKIT 2 (HOLY ENCOUNTER)

Keren writes: MOMENTS

UNN Up and Coming (UU and C)