Article: I am that hawker (@Missosi)

Everyday is another day to survive for me. I am awake early every morning before the cock crows. I know all the wholesale outlets in the market and they know me too.
I am the one who lives a life tied to the busy streets of almost all the states in Nigeria and beyond.

I carry back breaking goods around everyday, hoping that people like you, passing in your beautiful cars would see what I am selling and be interested enough to buy from me.
I am the one who runs after cars to sell my goods though I may fail? Its worth a try.
The Scorching sun and harsh cold, heavy rains or humid weather do not stop me from staying alive.
I don't get to eat anytime I fall sick. This is because my survival is based on my daily gain.
I am that undergraduate, working myself through school, I am also that graduate who did not get a job after school.
I am that common man, woman, boy, girl, young and old. That you see every time you go out. Dressed in sweat stained and obviously old clothes.
Just two days ago, a friend of mine got knocked down and killed by a truck and while I was running, my goods fell down and a fast passing car destroyed them. I was very sad this week but I was not discouraged.
If I must eat, then I must continue with this. I do not care what people say or think about me, whatever I do, I do to survive. What ever I earn, helps to sustain the family.
This is the life that condition has made me choose or you could say it is the life that has chosen me.
I may be here for a long time or perhaps I may not. Things could get better for me or still they could get worse.
I do not know tomorrow, all I know is now.
I am a partaker of the daily chance that life gives.
I am that hawker you see on the streets.

Written by: Sione

Comments

Anonymous said…
sooo kul
Anonymous said…
true stuff
Sione said…
We all are hawkers too. I am a hawker of truth tho. I sell it on the streets and hope that the youth buy it.
Ane said…
That's true big sis... We are all hawkers of sth be it words or even ideas...
josh ohai said…
Nice write up dear.... E go beta 4 you! Lolz
That Amebo! said…
Ehhh so sione don go online. Lol make I go find my talent oo... Ibu writer...hehehe
sione said…
Lol ogie (Amebo) Isi aki...

Popular posts from this blog

DOWNLOAD AND WATCH ZUO REPUBLIC COMEDY SKIT 2 (HOLY ENCOUNTER)

Keren writes: MOMENTS

UNN Up and Coming (UU and C)