(Article): little Things That Say You're Depressed (@GraiceAmunt)

Yes o! Its me again and before I go on I'd like to say a big thanks to all those who commented on my last article 'When 'Love' Becomes Too Much.' And, no, this is not a sequel to it.
Sincerely I'm not a certain 'Miss Perfect' person. I have been depressed myself a couple of times and yes I have even thought of committing suicide at some point. When am talking about depression people most times tend to use its' definition and terminology but then I wouldn't be doing that here instead I'll just bring to light the root of depression.

Okay, yeh, we're all youths and at this stage in our lives its a constant battle between self, peer,the society and our self again. We want to belong in the best clique on campus, join this frat, wear the 'in vougues', attend and throw the biggest bash,date the cutest most popular guy or babe (may e b say we belong) shebi una get wetin I dey get to bah? Ehe and as life being what it is these kind of things are not possible for everyone now. Ah ah if all of us dey popular and cute for campus, who go come dey unpopular and ugly like me and some of us down the campus social chain. Haha...
Okay seriously back to the matter (you can complete it in your mind 'open and close...) When we cannot get all these things that matter to us now (but in real sense doesn't actually count in life),we get depressed and what if you may wanna know is 'depression.' Calm down...we're getting there. When you look at yourself_ your fine self that God created and after comparing yourself with others you start thinking, 'Kai God why is my nose not as pointed as Adas' or 'why did God not make me as fair as Nkiru' and stuffs like that. In the
course of doing that, you find out that you begin to see yourself as an 'ugly duckling',you lose your self- confidence, you start even in some cases harbour some amount of hatred towards these 'competitor' you have secretly made because you desire to be so much like him or her, my dear it is a clear sign of depression.
Most times depression leads to low self-esteem which is why when you desire so much to be like someone that person without you realising becomes your idol or god. Its no surprise then that the Queen bees in cliques are desired by her 'slave' friends. Strange word? Yeh,
some friends are slaves because they are in such friendship to benefit without actually impacting.
Guys una get una own kind of depression o. When you so much want
to be like Zeke the 'Zac Efron' of your school, date the pretty girls, captain of the basket...oh kpele naa Naija we dey no be Jand(hahaha) okay so this Zeke guy dates like 5 babes at the same time but has his personal babe and drives a Range Rover, Frat leader n he's cute (naa jazz ni?) And then your're getting so jealous and having sleepless nights thinking why God made his life perfect and why you're on the other side your father is a struggling middle class civil servant,
your coming to school was a privilege and men to make matters worse you feel you're ugly(read this last phrase again, I said you 'feel' that you're ugly and not that you're ugly nobody is 'ugly' my dear).
As I was saying because you wanna belong you start relating so well with this guy and even struggle to join his frat. With time, you'd become his plaything; his errand boy. You start smoking, drinking, harassing people to feel among, my dear brother, that's a sign of depression.
Am talking too much abi? I'll soon be done and y'al can go back to chating okay? Never feel less important than anybody on Earth. You might not be Justin Bieber, Wizkid or a member of Destiny Kids but my dear you're 'You' and that is all that matters. Hey! Gues what? You're the sperm that won! So next time you feel that tug in your heart
telling you that your no good or that you're a zombie, look into the mirror(if you no get mirror look into your phone screen) and say 'I am wonderful' then smile and bounce with swag. Peace y'al.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Awesome awesome...you ought to have friends that impact such thriIing knowledge or perspective about things on you...keep it up and practice what you teach...#peace

Popular posts from this blog

DOWNLOAD AND WATCH ZUO REPUBLIC COMEDY SKIT 2 (HOLY ENCOUNTER)

Keren writes: MOMENTS

UNN Up and Coming (UU and C)