Article: THE CASE 1 (@missosi)

They led me into the court room. I could smell the sweat from their black
uniforms due to endless struggles with criminals. So confused yet I obliged, the batons hanging from their belt holsters were not a welcoming sight, I looked rough and unkempt
"This dos'nt seem right"
Last night I slept in pyjamas but this morning I woke up in a hideous orange uniform, with cuffs for bangles and shackles for anklets. The sounds of the chains on my feet were barely audible but knowing that they were the huntsmen of my freedom made the sounds so loud and unbearable.

I kept my head down at all times, the policeman asked me to sit. It felt like a dream, all so unreal
"I'd close my eyes and I'd wake up in bed"
But it was only a wish, the irony of this night mare I had woken up to. I was frozen in my seat. I couldn't move my head backward or forward, I just sat there. I knew they were watching me closely wishing I would turn just for a second. I couldn't do it, couldn't bear to see the questions in their eyes questions I had no answers to. Even if I knew what I did, I couldn't explain why I did it, so I sat there waiting eagerly like the rest of the gallery...
Waiting to hear my case...
THE NIGHT BEFORE....
She sat on the sofa in their state of the art NYC home. The cold stare in her eyes would have pierced through the mahogany walls if it was not one of the strongest woods in the world.
Her phone must have fallen somewhere when she received the envelope earlier that evening, it was ringing faintly non stop but she was too stiff to figure out where the phone might have been. Her right hand caressed an 18inch axe as she sipped on a blood red wine waiting for the "bastard" to return home.
The evidence lay on her lap, some had dropped to the marble floor. Her spy had done a perfect job, perhaps far too explicit a job.
Travelling on so called business trips for weeks on end was one thing she was learning to accept from him but keeping himself occupied in their malibu beach house was one thing she couldn't take. Besides she had worked so hard to sustain this marriage and she wasn't about to let it end in a divorce, it had to be something else.
She heard the door opening downstairs, he had walked in quietly and straight into his chambers.
He would send for her soon.
"The pig"
She sipped some more wine carefully trying not to smear her bright red lipstick. She had worn the black and red corset and knickers, the one he got for her two valentines ago just as he instructed.
Five minutes later the intercom rang
"Right on cue" she whispered as she picked up the phone
"I'm waiting for you"
The sound of his voice made her hate him even more. All that love she once had for him had crossed the line. It was now something dark, something she couldn't recognise. People called it hate but she saw it as yet another passing phase.
She walked into his red lit chamber. He sat topless on a cushion stool facing the window that gave the most beautiful view of the city. He always smoked his cuba out that window
"The view for a god" as he called it.
He never looked at her until she was laying on the bed but little did he know that tonight would be different. She had pre- meditated this all evening and now she was ready, she walked into the room dragging the axe on the white sheep skin rug. She stood behind her husband, best friend and first love, though those were a cliché now, mere terms that made her relationship with this man sane.
"Are you wearing my favourite corset?"
"Yes I am" she chocked back the tears that tried to betray her.
"Good" he said, taking a deep drag on his cigar blowing out a blinding amount of smoke in the air.
"Come, dance for me"
He never turned back, never acknowledged her presence. She had become a toy, an object for the satisfaction of his wild desire. She used to be more but he had gotten weary of loving her like before. After all he had given her everything and this was the least she could do in return.
She stood there wishing he would turn and look at her for the last time. But he didn't, he just sat there so selfish, so proud. Now she was enraged her eyes were blood shot, she had never been this angry ever in her life...
"I'm waiti...... he started to say
To Be Continued...

unnzuo.blogspot.com











Comments

Unknown said…
#Suspense....Great story. Pls finish d story.cnt wait.#TeamSione
Osione Abokhai said…
Lol I sure will thanks val

Popular posts from this blog

DOWNLOAD AND WATCH ZUO REPUBLIC COMEDY SKIT 2 (HOLY ENCOUNTER)

Keren writes: MOMENTS

UNN Up and Coming (UU and C)