Friday Stories: Nerdy Tales 1 (@NerdySlim)


This story is a work of fiction. Names, characters, places and incidents are either a product of my imagination or are used fictitiously. Any resemblance to actual people living or dead, events or locales are entirely coincidental. Know this, Especially you chisom.......bitch!

"There's a freak in every girl, you just have to let it out" he said, his eyes glaring at me like his words were going to give me life somehow. I just stared at him as he sat on his huge bed, with stella sitting next to him hugging his arm. Didn't her
presence mean anything? I wondered, wasn't she upset by what he had just said? I always liked to bother too much, maybe that was the reason why I could never be him.
 He always believed that he was the one to give the tips about girls, and I was the obedient student that couldn't help failing everytime I tried to do better. I liked to treat a girl special; call her everyday after school, send her slow love songs by an artist or rock band she probably hadn't heard of ever, talk to her every. night till she falls asleep, and then just listen to her breath till I fall asleep....that stuff always left me in the same condition after three weeks; heart broken and single.
Tochi was different from me, a new semester came with a different girl, and he had numbers he could call those cold lonely nights on the weekends when stella would be out of school. He didn't send slow love songs or even listen to them, he just sent messages saying "come over, I'm horny", and in a couple of hours, the only slow song he listened to would come up just after he had closed the door and windows, "that p*ssy is mine" by Miguel. I'm a nice guy, Tochi's an asshole, but he gets the girls.Yep, the irony of life. Unfortunately, it's my story so, you'll read just a little about Tochi and more about the desperate nerd writing it.
I go to school everyday with the hope that I'll meet someone nice, it's been three weeks since my last relationship that lasted three weeks. One week of BBM chatting till I finally got the balls to ask her out, one week of scepticism, though the relationship had kicked off, and the last week of actual "Love", just to hear her say "you know we don't have to do this". Honestly, I'd rather forget about girls and be that quiet guy in the corner with the nerdy glasses and afro, but it gets really boring, and depressing, and annoying when your crazy friend called Tochi decides to die untop your matter.
"Haven't you ever wondered how it feels being the one  on the other side of the counter?" Tochi said as we stood on the queue to the bank teller. "I'm going to jump over this slab" he said with a smile. "See, abeg I don't know you" I replied, stepping away from him. He was just crazy enough to do it, that Tochi. Most times I wonder if they forgot to install the reasoning program in his brain before he left heaven. "What's the worst that could happen?" He asked with his eyebrow raised, I stared at him, not really surprised that he was serious. "Security cell" I whispered, it seemed like people had started looking at us. I stepped back again and bumped into someone.  "Oh, I'm sorry", this nerd started to say before he saw the face of the person he had blemished. *shebi that's a word? @blemished*. "It's ok" she said, "it's not like I'm going anywhere after I leave this place". Tochi punched my shoulder lightly with a wink, "dude, God has answered your prayers" he said, not minding that she heard, the boy never learnt how to whisper. "So you're done for today?" I asked with a geeky smile. "Yeah" she replied, "what department?" I asked, "foreign languages" she replied. Tochi punched me again, I wanted to slap him. "C'est une robe agréable que vous portez" I said, meaning "it's a nice dress you're wearing" *it's french, Go learn a language*. She laughed "Oh, Merci" she replied. "French?"I asked, "French and German" she replied. "You?" She asked. "Physics" I replied, "wow, your french is good" she said with a smile. "Thank you, one of those things I learnt" I said. We had been talking for a while and I hadn't actually looked at her face, it was going to be my turn to meet the teller after the three guys in front of me, including Tochi. I had this voice in my head saying "three weeks things" every time I considered the possibility of a relationship, and annoyingly it was in Tochi's voice.  Hadn't I learnt anything? This things don't last, and being friends was dangerous, with my emotional demands shooting to the roof. Why couldn't you just meet a nice girl and love the way she talked, the way she laughed, her beautiful brown eyes that were like a ray of sun shining on your dark soul everytime she looked at you, and want nothing more from her other than the magic of the moment. Damn hormones.  I wondered how many guys had stopped to talk to her on her way to the bank, how many would stop to talk to her on her way home. At the end of the day, I was just one of those guys to a girl like her, one whose name would forever be lost the moment she walked out the door. I considered all this facts and decided to not be that guy. I turned to face the teller and left without saying a word after the transaction.
 I used to believe in true love, I don't anymore. We choose who we want to love, and it fades with time and grows into something else. For married folks it's a responsibility, a responsibility that a divorce can free you from. To me, the only being capable of true love is God. For those that don't believe in God, I guess no one is then. Believe it or not, there are coincidences in life, nothing is meant to be, what matters is what we make of them.
I plugged in my earphone as I got in a cab back home, the sun was still forming bad guy, and cool air crawled by once in a while.  My favourite song to listen to in a weather like that was "Lake house" by Of Monsters and Men. Tochi was in the front next to the driver, probably listening to "Ukwu" by Timaya. I didn't know when the cab stopped and someone got in, I know you already know who it was. Before you start to think of how much of a cliché this story is, I'd like you to know that those cliché moments in life are still a surprise when they happen, and some people will start to reason how you and the girl are meant to be, but remember what I said, "Coincidences". And this coincidence is the beginning of a my story.
You can follow me on twitter @Nerdyslim
And you can download my new book "Silver Lining" by @NerdySlim on Okadabooks app for android if you love to read. http://bit.ly/okadabook

.......To be continued
FF on twirra @NerdySlim

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DOWNLOAD AND WATCH ZUO REPUBLIC COMEDY SKIT 2 (HOLY ENCOUNTER)

Keren writes: MOMENTS

UNN Up and Coming (UU and C)