The future of Nigeria @freshikye

On my way to Lagos from nsukka I was opportuned to be privy to a discussion between a senior lecturer from the university of Nigeria nsukka and an enthusiastic passenger. It was a political argument on who was best positioned to lead Nigeria between the incumbent president Ebele Jonathan Goodluck and the main opposition General muhammadu Buhari. As I listened in silence to the two individuals argue and bring forth their points, a fire deep inside me was burning. I decided to add my two cents to the debate. 
        I would like to state first and foremost that am not a PDP supporter and I have no interest other than Nigeria as a nation. The incumbent president in my opinion is the best person to rule Nigeria because of his antecedents and characteristics. I shall list them below,
       First and foremost the incumbent is not without his own faults but in comparison with his major opponent Buhari, he has the upper hand. Buhari as his antecedents show is a religious bigot and if voted into power might finally islamise Nigeria as was his plan in the year 1983-1985.
            Secondly why would a man who ruled almost thirty years ago want to come back and rule again. This is an act of recycling rulers. What could he not offer then that he feels like he would better offer Nigerians. 
           Finally I feel like Jonathan being the younger of the two better understands the youth and can take Nigeria forward if everyone can give him the support necessary to succeed . Nigeria is in trouble due to the slump of oil prices and we need a people's leader to lead us out of the crises and Jonathan Ebele Goodluck is the best option. 
      This piece by no means mean that I support PDP or anti-APC. I just want the best for Nigeria. Jonathan might not be the best Nigeria can offer but among all the contestants I believe he is the best.
             God bless NIGERIA

Freshikye is a graduate of the department of political ‎science UNN. IG @freshikye twitter @freshikye

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DOWNLOAD AND WATCH ZUO REPUBLIC COMEDY SKIT 2 (HOLY ENCOUNTER)

Keren writes: MOMENTS

UNN Up and Coming (UU and C)