Why I rejected a Rolls Royce birthdaypresent – Pastor Tunde Bakare

 pastor_tunde_bakare


Not many would reject a Rolls Royce presented to them as a birthday gift but Pastor Tunde Bakare
did. The former CPC vice presidential candidate and founder of the Latter Rain Assembly, Pastor
Tunde Bakare explained why he did so recently during the inauguration and commissioning of
Grace and Glory Chapel in Ikeja, Lagos. The man of God said some persons brought him a

2015 model of Rolls Royce during his 60th birthday, but he outrightly rejected it.
"I want to see good governance. I want to see
discipline. I want to see equitable distribution of
resources. I want to see the poor being educated.
I want to see a nation that works. I don't want to
be a local champion in a city of the blind. I am
not in need of a 2015 model of Rolls-Royce which
was presented to me as a gift," he began.
And then he went on to explain: "I was sitting at
home one day and they brought in a brand new
2015 Rolls Royce into my house. My 60th
birthday was coming. I looked at it, kai! This is
awkward. When you open your car, your door
goes this way, its own door goes that way. It
clears the way so that there is nothing blocking
your way.
"I saw a button. They said: 'It is an umbrella sir.
It is on every door in case it is raining, you just
push it and the umbrella comes out. I said: Na
wa o. Then I said: Oya, leave this place. Where is
the road that I will ride it upon? My heart is not
in things like this. I asked my son to take a
photograph of the brand new car as a proof."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DOWNLOAD AND WATCH ZUO REPUBLIC COMEDY SKIT 2 (HOLY ENCOUNTER)

Keren writes: MOMENTS

UNN Up and Coming (UU and C)